Helping You Back Into Work
Looking for a job? Need some help and support? Then Careers Springboard West Berkshire can help. The details of our Summer 2016 programme of meetings are shown on the programme page or you can download the PDF version for printing. For best results print double-sided on A4 and fold in half.
As well as our programme of meetings check out our other services for jobseekers which include 1-on-1 sessions to help with career planning, CV writing, interview preparation etc. If you know of someone who might need our help but does not know about us, why not print out our flier (PDF) and pass it on. See also our Frequently asked Questions page or contact us for further information.
Workshops and Practical Guidance
If you're a professional or manager and have been made redundant, or are about to consider a new phase of your career, we're here to help. We meet most Wednesdays at Broadway House, Northbrook Street, Newbury. The main meeting starts at 1.45pm and from 3.45pm there are either opportunities for 1-on-1 guidance or an additional short session.
Job-seeking topics we cover include:
- Improving Your CV
- Locating 'hidden' (e.g. unadvertised) jobs
- Developing Your Network and Networking Skills
- Effective use of LinkedIn
- Working With Agencies
- Honing Your Telephone Technique
- How To Impress At Interviews
- Marketing Your Capabilities
Newcomers are always welcome. We look forward to helping you. Read the job seekers' page for more information.
Is It For Me?
We often get questions from potential joiners about whether our support group is suitable for them. Read the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) page to address these common questions. If your question isn't answered please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone David on 01635 253545.
Careers Springboard West Berkshire (CSWB) is a self-help club for out-of-work professionals, executives and managers in the West Berkshire area who are seeking a new job. This website gives information about:
- Our programme of meetings: covering topics such as creating your CV, the hidden job market, interviewing for jobs
- Details of benefits for job seekers: including individual guidance, access to a comprehensive job search database etc.
- Our volunteers: profiles of existing volunteers and how you can volunteer to be part of our friendly and helpful team
- Our supporters: who they are and how we work with them to deliver better services
- Employer benefits: if you are making redundancies we can help your employees; if you are recruiting our active members represent a pool of skilled and experienced potential employees
- Resources: articles and links to resources for job seekers; (there will shortly be additional material that can only be accessed by for registered CSWB job seekers
- Who we are: our background and how we operate.
If You Are Unemployed
Please note: attendance at meetings and use of our services are free.
How We Operate
We are a volunteer-led organisation that receives core financial support from The Foundation for Jobseekers but also receive occassional support from other organisations. See our Supporters page for details. See the background pages for more information on our organisation.
Organisations that are also in our Thames Valley network of job clubs are:
- Careers Springboard (Gerrards Cross)
- Careers Springboard Bracknell
- East Berkshire Executive Job Club
We are all members of the umbrella charity The Foundation for Jobseekers.
This page last updated 14th April 2016
Important Notice - The information and advice given on this website or by our volunteers is given in good faith. No responsibility whatsoever shall attach to Careers Springboard West Berkshire or any person acting on its behalf for any actions taken by any person acting on this information or advice.