Careers Springboard West Berkshire would be unable to operate without the help of our supporters. As well as relying heavily on volunteers our supporters provide funding and support in kind, e.g. advisory services. We are grateful to all our supporters for their assistance. We are now finding it tougher to obtain grants from public bodies, so are increasingly looking to trusts and our alumni (most now back in managerial jobs) to help secure our future. In 2011 we created a CSWB presence on localgiving.com to make it easier for individuals to donate and take advantage of Gift Aid. Because of the time and skills of our volunteers we are able to help peeople back into work for less than £150 a head - real value for money.
Recent Financial Supporters
From 2009-11 we raised sufficient financial support to enable us to offer our programme throughout 2012 and a bit beyond. Recent financial supporters are:
- West Berkshire Council - 'Beat the Recession' grant. An initiative that came out of a one-day seminar on this topic organised by The West Berkshire Partnership.
- Thomas Eggar (Solicitors) - funding of a video cam corder which we use for interview training
- Learning and Skills Council Community Grant - part funded by the European Social Fund ("investing in jobs and skills")
- Berkshire Community Foundation - a small grant for individual conselling
Other Financial Supporters
- The Foundation for Jobseekers - this provides legacy funding from the Branshaw Foundation which was instrumental in setting up the Thames Valley network of executive job clubs.
- The Greenham Common Trust: We were the recipient of an award in Autumn 2007 that helps to defray expenses of our meeting room over the next 18 months
- Newbury Town Council: a small grant in 2007 towards running expenses; also from whom we get excellent service as our host for meetings
The following organisations provide or have provided additional support for our job seekers through various formal and informal partnership arrangements
- Job Centre Plus: Newbury Jobcentre Plus are a major source of referrals; it makes appropriate job seekers aware of our group and how we can help
- The Watermill Theatre: From 2012-mid 2015 the Watermill Theatre's outreach programme has provided role playing interview practice for our job seekers.
The Foundation for Job Seekers
Careers Springboard West Berkshire is a founding member of the Foundation for Jobseekers.. This is a network of five Thames Valley job clubs (see below). It shares knowledge, experience and resources between its members (and occasionally other people who are planning to set up similar job clubs. Job clubs in the network are:
- Careers Springboard (Gerrards Cross)
- Careers Springboard Bracknell
- Windsor & Maidenhead Executive Job Club
This page last updated 20th December 2015
Important Notice - The information and advice given on this website or by our volunteers is given in good faith. No responsibility whatsoever shall attach to Careers Springboard West Berkshire or any person acting on its behalf for any actions taken by any person acting on this information or advice.